Welcome to Road & Beyond

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[NSW] CAASQ Round 6 Reflection and Pics

51 posts in this topic

Surprise no one has beat me.

Another good day, although I think many of us SQers would prefer not to be running against the SPLers again. The judges weren't too impressed either.

Thanks to Marty as usual for organising, the Doran Pro Audio guys as well, the judges (maybe we need a cars notice, so we can get air con blasting before you get in), and of course the competitors.

I'll get some pics up when I get some time.

Having said that, I'm rather disappointed myself, got my poorest score yet.

Edited by data_mine

Well I got my best score for the season so far, but I'm not quite in the top placings yet. I had a good day all the same, but yeah, the SPL boys and girls can make life tough for the SQ judges, along with the heat.

A big thanks to Marty, Mike and Hakki for setting up, judging and organising the cars. I thought the process flowed smooth and quick. Thanks to Doran for the great BBQ and keeping the competitors and spectators fed.

Looking forward to the final round already now that the car is finally in a worthy state for competition.

The lines were there before us. honest.

IMG_4495PL.jpg

Maybe not then... A commodore with stockies.

IMG_4586PL.jpg

Mark's always good for a smile.

IMG_4525PL.jpg

Surpisingly this guy rated more than just a mention.

IMG_4541PL.jpg

Rick, tried to hide some suspicious stains, but I got them.

IMG_4518PL.jpg

IMG_4519PL.jpg

Jono's lap was rather popular during the awards ceremony, so much so he didn't even get up to collect his trophy.

IMG_4592PL.jpg

IMG_4617PL.jpg

IMG_4620PL.jpg

Did you grab any shots of my wiring?

:lol:

IMG_4531PL.jpg

(I'm open to requests, I got everyone's car I think).

Nice pics Chris .... looks like you guys had a great day too :)

judges didnt like my car

hot vinyl seats and untined windows

results?

nice pics too

These are the results that have been sent to Marc for the leaderboard:

Amateur Show Round 6 2007

30 points - John Nassis (Daihatsu Charade)

28 points - Jack Horrocks (Mazda MX-5)

Amateur Street Round 6 2007

30 points - Daniel Hobson (Honda Civic)

28 points - Jonathon Hadley (Holden HZ)

26 points - Brad Thurlow (Holden Commodore)

24 points - Kris Wilson (Mazda 3)

22 points - Anmol Sagar (Nissan Pulsar)

20 points - Rick Formosa (Holden Nova)

18 points - Mark Wheeler (Holden Commodore)

16 points - Antony Hughes (Holden Commodore)

14 points - Chris Vidler (Ford FTP)

12 points – Matt Towns (Ford Laser)

10 points – Rahul Movva (Honda Accord

Pro Show Round 6 2007

30 points – Shane Dunn ( Mitsubishi 380 )

28 points - Hakki (BMW)

Pro Street Round 6 2007

30 points - Joel Cheesman (Nissan Pulsar)

28 points - Nathan Vlotis (Chrysler Valiant) - Moved from AM/ST

26 points - Marty Price (Nissan 200SX)

Encouragement Award

Rahul Movva

Judges Choice Award

Brad Thurlow

Edited by Fhrx

Am Street Leader board

142 Jonathan Hadley ( Holden HZ )

135 Daniel Hobson ( Honda Civic )

129 Antony Hughes ( Holden Commodore )

126 Rick Formosa ( Holden Nova )

110 Anmol Sagar ( Nissan Pulsar )

100 Brad Thurlow ( Holden Commodore )

96 Mark Wheeler ( Holden Commodore )

88 Kris Wilson ( Mazda 3 )

70 Peter Harlovic ( Ford Laser )

63 Chris Vidler ( Ford GTP )

55 Matthew Towns ( Ford Laser )

54 Nathan Vlotis ( Chrysler Valiant )

28 Craig Paddon ( Nissan Skyline )

26 Ben Chong ( Holden Astra )

26 Miko Penning ( Mazda 626 )

20 Joe Fortunio ( Holden Gemini )

18 Mark Pakula ( Mazda MX5 )

18 Anthony Walsh ( Holden Rodeo )

14 Blake Roberts ( Holden Commodore )

12 Scott Bosnik ( Ford Falcon )

10 Rahul Moova ( Honda Accord )

10 Anand Maini ( Nissan Pulsar )

10 Garfield McGuinness ( Honda Prelude )

9 Jack Chauvel ( Holden Commodore )

8 John Cross ( Toyota Corolla )

Leaderboard has just been updated for the last two rounds :)

Rick..Mark...Antony...Marty...what happened??? :(

And how in the hell am I still in the top 10??? :unsure:

While I wasn't even close to being able to make this event (not having time, money or a system) I will see how I go with the next one. No guarantee's but I think the mid semester uni break isnt too far away and so there might be a very small chance of me making it as a spectator / judge.

I'd be surprised if my system will be complete by then and in a competition ready state even if I do have the time.

Edited by muzzy66

Sadly my heap had dead flat batteries (thanks to a rep not turning it off after auditioning two days beforehand) so neither the car nor the stereo could actually be started that morning. At least I got 10 points for safety judging I guess. :(

Edited by Fhrx

Bugger :(

There was noone there with a optima and a jumplead to zap you to life?

Edited by muzzy66

Bugger :(

There was noone there with a optima and a jumplead to zap you to life?

It never even made it there. It got as far as the driveway before I decided to put it back and settle for dead last. Remember the dual monitor can take hours to set up again and when you have a sound off to setup and run, you don't want to arrive at midday. :(

Edited by Fhrx

Finally a NSW comp with a sunny day. It was great, but a bit hot in the arvo. Sunny none the less so that was awesome! And we finished early for once :lol: Perfect!

Down on a few numbers in Am St this round, but there were still a heap of awesome cars, and scores still as close as ever.

Looking forward to the next round :)

Edit: Thanks Chris for taking a photo of my engine bay before i got to clean it... Bastard! :P haha :rofl:

Oh, and thanks Marc for the leaderboard update. :) ETA on the other states, so we can see who is coming where?

Edited by mad89

Yeah AM/ST was way down this round. :(

Pete, it would be good if you could make it to the next round.

I know that i want to get as many people to listen to my car as possible for some last feedback for finals. As im sure everyone else does. We need as much feedback as possible, rather than scores/points for this next round i reckon. Just to get us all prepped.

Perhaps a test and tune day could be organised sometime? Though there isnt much time between Round 7 and Finals :unsure:

I know that i want to get as many people to listen to my car as possible for some last feedback for finals. As im sure everyone else does. We need as much feedback as possible, rather than scores/points for this next round i reckon. Just to get us all prepped.

Perhaps a test and tune day could be organised sometime? Though there isnt much time between Round 7 and Finals :unsure:

Good idea Rick. :good:

How about a test'n'tune day here (or somewhere) on one of the saturdays between the last round and the finals. I'll bring the RTA along so we can use that as well. :D

Edited by Fhrx

ill be inf or that

How about a test'n'tune day here (or somewhere) on one of the saturdays between the last round and the finals. I'll bring the RTA along so we can use that as well. :D

Ta mate :good: Kudos to Joel aswell, we thought it up yesterday.

Anyways, the problem is, there is only one Saturday between Round 7 and Finals.

Round 7 = Sat 29th September

Finals = Sat 13th October

Theres only one week in between, Sat 6th October. :unsure:

Another fantastic day, nice and sunny, if a little warm for the poor judges, watching those guys sweat inside the cars while judging, i really felt for them, so hats off to the judges for doing it all day long, car after car.

+1 to Chris's idea, a heads up to a competitor 1 car ahead, could allow us to blast the car with air-con and make it a little easier for the judges.

Thanks to the doran guys for the venue, food and general hospitality, nice bunch of guys. Oh yeah and thanks to Tarja/DD phil for the entertainment agian this round.. seeing DD cones floating around in a puff of smoke is kinda cool.. ;)

Rick..Mark...Antony...Marty...what happened??? :(

And how in the hell am I still in the top 10??? :unsure:

While I wasn't even close to being able to make this event (not having time, money or a system) I will see how I go with the next one. No guarantee's but I think the mid semester uni break isnt too far away and so there might be a very small chance of me making it as a spectator / judge.

I'd be surprised if my system will be complete by then and in a competition ready state even if I do have the time.

For me it was a new amp, new HU (9887) and running active for the first time and the fact that my new HU wasn't installed untill 3.30 am Sunday morning... kinda left me a little underprepared...

Well at least I have a month to prepare for the next round, so my tune will be as good as possible by ear.

This is a fantastic idea, all the NSW guys should get together down at FHRX and do a mass test and tune, having the RTA on hand would be great too, and muzzy's grasp on graphs would be greatly appreciated... I'll be in this for sure, anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Ta mate :good: Kudos to Joel aswell, we thought it up yesterday.

Anyways, the problem is, there is only one Saturday between Round 7 and Finals.

Round 7 = Sat 29th September

Finals = Sat 13th October

Theres only one week in between, Sat 6th October. :unsure:

How about that weekend then? Saturday 6th October? How does that suit everyone?

Edited by Fhrx

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0